Android App Developers: Why Native Apps are Better Than Off-the-Shelf Solutions
How We Work
- Web-Based Solutions vs Native Apps
- The Never-Ending Battle Between HTML5 and Native
- Guide to HTML5 and Native Development
- HTML5-Based Apps
- The Limits of HTML5 Solutions
- No Access to Hardware Equals Unsatisfied Users
The Never-Ending Battle Between HTML5 and NativeAnother topic that attracts a lot of public attention si a heated debate between the proponents of the HTML5-based web apps and native mobile applications. HTML5 proponents say that the major benefits of web-based solutions is their affordable costs and the ability to run such apps on any device with an internet browser. On the other hand, the advocates of the native development say that although native apps are more expensive, they boast a higher quality. Without a doubt, native apps require much more investment in terms of time, money and talents, but the results bring much more value because the end product work seamlessly on the devices in focus.
Guide to HTML5 and Native DevelopmentEach solution has its advantages and disadvantages. However, you can be easily confused by the many tech articles praising one over the other and fail to find the best option for your specific project. Staying true to our reputation as forward-thinking team of curious minds, we have analysed all the opinions on the two different approaches and forulated them in our brief guide to native and HTML5 app development.
HTML5-Based AppsMany internationally recognised companies approach our digital agency with a wish to create an HTML5 applications, and the overwhelming majority of website on the internet are built with the HTML5 technology. However, while HTML5 is widely used for website creation, it has not been too popular in the area of mobile app development. Currently the amount of apps built on HTML5 accounts for around 15% of all products on the market. THe primary advantage of web-based apps is their compatibility with a variety of mobile and desktop devices without regard to the operating systems they run on.
The Limits of HTML5 SolutionsThe development with HTML5 looks like this: the app is written and then wrapped in code that makes it compatible with different platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows and others. This often limits the responsiveness of cush applications and lowers their quality. For example, if you want to place high resolution images or videos within your HTML5, it may result in a lower speed and waiting time for the customers. To add more, there are limits to the performance and memory of suh apps because they do not have a direct access to the devices’ hardware.
No Access to Hardware Equals Unsatisfied UsersWeb-based apps can perform great across different devices but they cannot access the specific abilities of their hardware. For example, they cannot use push notifications, GPS navigation, camera, accelerometer and other elements of the smartphones’ hardware. As a result, the developers have no possibility to introduce many important features into the application, failing to meet the expectations of users accustomed to the latest technologies and stunning designs.
How Can We Benefit Your Business?
- Build an App That Generates Profit
- Software Development Process
- Outsource Your App Development Project
Build an App That Generates ProfitNative app design and development are a must-have for every modern business that wishes to remain viable and competitive. Mobile technologies provide for mobility, productivity and easy communication of employees and customers. Besides Android, have a solid expertise in the following mobile platforms, programming languages and technologies:
Software Development Process
- Stage 1: Identifying the device you want your app to run on
- Stage 2: Designing a user experience that is optimised for a wide variety of display sizes
- Stage 3: Integrating your corporate data and legacy software to your new native app
- Stage 4: Analysing how users interact with the app to optimise user experience
- Stage 5: App support and maintenance, regular updates, optimisation and introduction of new features.
Outsource Your App Development Project
- Can you company's employees easily gain access to all corporate data stored in your legacy system from their personal desktop computers and mobile devices?
- Need to know how to achieve your goals with the help of a digital solution and what mobile operating system to choose for your project?
- Have problems with data management, employee access, stability and security on ready-made applications you got from third-party developers?
- Do you want to incorporate all your legacy systems and cloud-based services into a single bespoke solution?
Native Mobile Apps
Programming Languages for Native Development
- Objective-C and Swift for iOS
- Java for Android
- Java for Blackberry
- C# for Windows
The Advantages of Native Apps
The Disadvantages of Native Solutions
Cross-Industry Expertise in Android Development
- Security of corporate data and full confidentiality
- An in-depth understanding of your business and industry on the whole
- Defining software requirements specifications
- Broad expertise in mobile app development
- Client-oriented app development process
- Good-looking and highly usable applications
- Time-proven approach to software development process
- Travel and booking